04 October 2009

Looking at the Bible in Detail...

Since I am focusing on the Bible for the moment I thought you might be interested in looking at the actual meaning on some of the teachings of the 'Holy Book'.
I am strongly of the opinion that not many Christians have actually read the book. By reading I mean sat and studied it with the same amount of scrutiny as you would any historical account on any other subject. SO why do so many people believe it?
It is a laughable collection of ignorance and horror, in the main. To think people are being murdered, raped, tortured, disenfranchised, enslaved, abused, mis-educated, starved, are self-harming, being ignored, discriminated against all based on the written words of a book!
We need sites like The Skeptics Annotated Bible. I recommend it, especially if you are someone who has been indoctrinated to believe the inerrancy of the Bible. Please let me know what you think.